Fort Saint Charles
07/08/2020 | 4m 12s | Video has closed captioning.
Fort Saint Charles (1732) on Lake of the Woods was built by La Vérendrye during a time of trade and exploration west. In 1736 an expedition consisting of Jean Baptiste de La Vérendrye (the eldest son), Father Jean-Pierre Aulneau and nineteen French-Canadian voyageurs were attacked by Sioux and killed on Massacre Island, Ontario. The bodies were buried at Fort Saint Charles.
Problems Playing Video? | Closed Captioning